The 2023 Library Marketing and Communications Conference (LMCC) Programming Committee invites you to submit presentation proposals for consideration for this year’s conference, which will be held in Indianapolis on November 7-8, 2023.
We want you to share your knowledge on the tried and true, the latest trends, and the best practices in library marketing and communications. We are looking for speakers with demonstrated professional experience who can share their knowledge and best practices and discuss the strategy, actions, and results of your marketing and communications topic.
Successful proposals will provide practical tips and takeaways that can be immediately applied to any library’s communications and marketing efforts. Accepted presentations will apply to other types and sizes of libraries and could be scaled to work for library marketing staff and teams that are full-time, part-time, and everything in between.
We welcome all proposals for consideration. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing & communications, with an emphasis on key themes:
- Communications / PR / Media relations
- Strategy / Research / Planning / Style guides
- Workflow management
- Staff buy-in / Internal support and collaboration
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI)
- User experience / Accessibility
- Community engagement, with an emphasis on:
- Advocacy / Funding
- Engaging audiences with outreach, programs, and services
- Marketing & communication tools, such as:
- Videography / Animation / Editing
- Social media
- Graphic design
- Website design
- Other technology / Software
- Topics for intermediate and advanced audiences
We welcome proposals from individuals or colleagues who want to co-present. We also encourage panel submissions in which speakers will share different takes on the same topic.
Our vendor partners are welcome to submit a proposal if they are co-presenting with a library organization partner and the information is relevant to all attendees and is not sales-oriented.
You should have enough content to fill at least 50 minutes. All sessions are 60 minutes long and should include time for questions and answers. You will be able to share handouts and slides with attendees electronically after the conference.
Submit your proposal through the online submission form by Friday, May 5. The lead presenter will receive an automated email confirming receipt of the submission and will be notified if the proposal has been accepted.
All proposals must include the following:
- Session Title
- Session Description (100 words or less)
- Type of Audience (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
- Session Format
- Learning Objectives
- Presenter Contact Information
- Presenter Biography
Deadline for Submissions: Friday, May 5
Notification of Acceptance: Friday, July 7
Criteria for Acceptance:
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Speakers’ knowledge and experience
- Useful/practical learning objectives
- Topics’ broad appeal and applicability to all library types
- Clarity of description
- Interactive elements
Additional Information for Speakers:
- Speakers will be responsible for registering for the conference. Speakers will be given a special code to register at the reduced speaker rate.
- Please add LMCC’s email address email@example.com to your contact list so our future emails won’t go into your spam folder.
Send us an email with the subject “Speaker Questions” to firstname.lastname@example.org.